Results of Wellness FX Blood Test
Last month I had my blood tested by a new company WellnessFX. The process was very simple, I just had to fast overnight and then drop by a local lab. WelnessFX also set me up with a practitioner to discuss the results.
The lab results showed that my total cholesterol was lower than I think it should be. My Vitamin D levels are also low. One of the Liver scores (ALT) is also a little high and I noticed that the ALP score has almost doubled since it was last it tested. The practitioner recommended a few supplements as well as dialing in my sleep and digestion, which allo sounded like great ideas to me.
My action plan:
- 8 hours of sleep every night, measured with a Zeo Sleep Manager Pro
- Betaine HCL and Super Enzymes to better absorb foods
- Bio-Kult Probiotic for better digestion
- Liver Detox support
- Vitamin D supplementation
- Low carb whole foods diet based on combination of a few diets: GAPS Diet, The Paleo Solution Diet, Weston A Price / Nourishing Traditions, and the New Atkins / Low Carb Performance
- Exercise 4x/week using MMA and Starting Strength
Here are the results of the test. The WellnessFX delivered them in a really visually appealing way, but I put them into a spreadsheet so I could compare them to some numbers from last year. I lost about 30 lbs of fat in the time between these two tests and gained 5 lbs of muscle. I probably ate about 50% low carb paleo and 50% terrible Standard American Diet.